Legal Information and Privacy
Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions cover your access to and use of Social Hiking (the "Service"), and any information, text, graphics, or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on this website (referred to as "Content"). Your use of this site confirms your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, graphics, photos, profiles, and links that you submit, post or display on this Service.
- You retain your rights to any Content you submit, but you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content.
- You understand that if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. We will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by us in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Service users.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not publish other people's personal information without permission, unless that information is available publically elsewhere.
- You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Any content you publish on the Service must not abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated
Terms of Service
The Service we provide is constantly evolving and may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition we may stop, temporarily or permanently, providing the Service (or any features) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice.
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Service and to terminate users or reclaim usernames.
This website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties. Social Hiking makes no representations or warranties in relation to this Service or Content provided on this website.
Social Hiking does not warrant that:
- this Service will constantly be available, or available at all
- the Content on this Service is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading
Social Hiking will not be liable to you in relation to the Content of this Service:
- for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out herein are reasonable. If you do not think they are responable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this disclaimer.
Your privacy is important to Social Hiking. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we uses that personal information.
Social Hiking may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this Service
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the Service
- any other information that you publish on the Service, including your ViewRanger beacons and data from linked accounts.
- Anonymous website usage statistics are collected to enable us to review and improve our website.
Social Hiking may use your personal information to:
- administer and provide this Service
- personalise the Service for you
- enable your access to and use of the Service
- send you marketing communications (when you have opted-in to receive such communications)
- send you important announcements & administrative messages
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Social Hiking may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Any location data imported into Social Hiking via your chosen location sources, or via media from other services based on your settings, will be stored in perpetuity or until you delete the data. Your location data will only be public according to your settings.
For any media accounts you link, Social Hiking will collect information about media you have uploaded, whether that media is linked to a Social Hiking map or not. With the exception of protected tweets, Social Hiking will only import and store details of private media at the time of import if you have explicitly given us permission. Your media is only made public on the site if it is linked to a specific point on a public map. We may use media publicly available on the site for other features, however we will always link back to the original media and give attribution.
By linking a media account, you grant Social Hiking a worldwide non-exclusive royalty free license to publish your media on Social Hiking with attribution.
If you have granted Social Hiking write access to a third-party account, we will only perform actions on your behalf that you have explicitly requested.
Until there is an easily accessible mechanism for removing your location data, media and other data from Social Hiking, you can contact email@example.com to request for any or all of your data to be removed.
Social Hiking is hosted in the UK and will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Personal information and Content that you submit for publication on this Service will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
This website contains links to other websites. Social Hiking is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
This privacy statement is based on a precedent created by employmentlawcontracts.co.uk and published by freenetlaw.com.
Social Hiking respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Service to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, Social Hiking will also terminate a user's account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
The copyright of this Service and it's Content is owned by, or licensed to Social Hiking.
Social Hiking grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty free revocable license to view this Service and to copy, store and print from this Service for your own personal and non-commercial use.
In general, we can grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, royalty-free license (with no-right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, publish, transmit, display and distribute Content on this Service, but not the underlying code. To request a license please contact email@example.com.
These Terms and statements are the entire and exclusive agreement between hartwellvillage.com and you regarding the Service and these Terms supersede and replace any prior agreements between Social Hiking and you regarding the Service.
We may revise these Terms from time to time. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you. By continuing to access or use the Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
This Service is operated and provided by Wheredidthetigergo c/o Phil Sorrell, 26 Forest Road, Hartwell. Northamptonshire. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective: 29th March 2012